The white knit.. something I have managed to stay clear of until the “mature” age of 27. Finally I felt I was ready and grown up enough to maintain a day out wearing white. This may just be a metaphor; another way of understanding responsibility and growth. Somehow connected or simplified into fashion talk so my overactive brain could process whats happening around me. And what exactly is that? I guess a shift in career, a shift in mindset and of course a planetary shift – Jupiter squares Pluto at 17º Libra resulting in a death and subsequent rebirth regarding some of your world views and the things you have thought to be true up until this point (for those of you you don’t have an esoteric mother who shares every astrological movement via text or FB messenger).
Your moment comes when it comes, it probably comes more often than you think… it’s all about being ready for it at the right age or stage in your life. Being ready to take a leap of faith and trust that it will all be okay in the end. Because if it’s not okay it’s not the end.
Enough with the deep and meaningful. You got this. And back to the white knit… I hunted and hunted all floors of Cavendish Square to find the perfect one. I was actually shocked at how many stores there are in the centre… seriously they pack a punch and I lost myself for almost an entire day. Roaming between food and fashion – the sheer amount of cool fashion shops and homeware stores had me writing a list on my phone so I wouldn’t forget.
Some of my unexpected finds included…
– The Space (an emporium of local designers)
– Loads of Living (seriously stylish homeware)
– Mantra (folky-inspired kitchen and homeware)
– Lulu Belle (gypsy jewels)
– Nicci Boutique (stylish separates and on trend accessories)
– Poetry (one of my favourites for natural fabrics & bohemian crockery)
– Spitz (fierce footwear you need to save for)
– Frazers (luggage goals in all sizes)
– Kays Antiques (been here for so many years and still wowing me with their magical vintage jewellery)
– Kahve Road (amazing breakfast and patisserie spot, the chocolates look like marble!)
Glasses – RayBan at Sunglass Hut
Knit – Country Road
Jeans – Cotton On
Sandals – Birkenstock
All available at Cavendish Square
*Side note – I did spill coffee on my beautiful white jersey that day, and you know what? It wasn’t such a big deal. It got washed and happily packed back into my cupboard until the next time I need to wear the “brave knit”.